Bacon Fried Cabbage
May 11, 2018
Good old fashion side dish that goes well with just about any source of protein. This was added thanks to Wes Nunnally.
- 1. 1 head of cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 2. 1/2 pound bacon, fried
- 3. 2 tablespoon Crisco
- 4. salt and pepper
- Step 1 Cook bacon In a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Cook to done but not crispy. Drain on paper towel and allow to cool. Save drippings in skillet.
- Step 2 In the same skillet, over medium heat, begin cooking cabbage. Chop bacon and to cabbage.
- Step 3 Continue cooking until cabbage is tender and bacon becomes crispy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.