Blueberry Sunrise Mimosa
May 12, 2018
Refreshing brunch drink with a fun play on traditional ice cubes.
- 1. 12-ounces of fresh blueberries
- 2. 1/2 cup grenadine
- 3. 3 cups orange juice
- 4. 1 bottle of sparkling white wine or favorite champagne
- 5. 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 6. 2 oranges, sliced into quarters
- Step 1 Puree 3/4 of the blueberries. Mix water with blueberry puree and fill two ice trays about 2/3 full and freeze for 1 hour. Remove ice trays and fill the remaining portion of ice trays with water. Freeze for another hour until ice cubes are frozen completely.
- Step 2 In a pitcher, pour grenadine in the bottom and freeze about 30 minutes until grenadine becomes solid.
- Step 3 Slowly add orange juice so as not to disturb the grenadine. Using a large ladle, slowly add the sparkling wine or champagne doing your best not to disturb the orange juice.
- Step 4 Serve over the blueberry ice cubes and garnish with remaining blueberries and orange wedges.