Cheesy Chicken and Fresh Vegetables
June 4, 2018
Fresh chicken and vegetable dish, sure to please the family anytime.
- 1. 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2. 2 large yellow squash
- 3. 2 large zucchini squash
- 4. 1 bunch broccoli
- 5. 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6. 1 8-ounce package of shredded cheddar cheese
- 7. 5 tablespoons butter
- 8. 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 9. salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 385 degrees. Cut chicken breast into 1/2 inch cubes. Chop squash into same sized cubes. Break broccoli apart and cut into flowerets.
- Step 2 In a large skillet saute chicken and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of butter, until chicken is medium rare.
- Step 3 Place chicken, mushrooms, squash, and broccoli into a deep dish casserole.
- Step 4 Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and coat chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Step 5 Place on middle rack in preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes. Remove, add cheese and return to oven for remaining 15 minutes.