Chicken with Onions and Dates
April 28, 2018
Light and savory chicken recipes. Dates increase the chicken flavor while serving as a savory addition to the dish. Serve with sauteed mushrooms and a rice pilaf, this is the dish for any formal dining experience.
- 1. 3 large onions, halved and sliced
- 2. 3 tablespoons butter
- 3. 1 pound Medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 4. 1 cup honey
- 5. 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6. 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 7. 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8. 5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 9. 4 teaspoon paprika
- Step 1 In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the dates. honey. lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Step 2 Place chicken in two greased 13×9-inch baking dishes. Spoon onion mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180 degrees. Serve with pan juices.