Chocolate Overload Cake
June 4, 2018
For all those chocolate, here is something that might even overload your senses
- 1. 4 cups cake flour sifted and separated
- 2. 2 cups buttermilk
- 3. 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4. 2 teaspoons salt
- 5. 4 eggs
- 6. 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 7. 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 8. 1 large package of confectioners sugar
- 9. 2-ounces cocoa
- 10. 2 packages of semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 11. 1 cup whole milk
- 12. 3 chocolate candy bars (I use Herseys with almonds)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine 2 cups of cake flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda,1 teaspoon salt, 2 eggs, 1/2 package of semi-sweet chocolate bits, and 1 tablespoon oil. mix well and pour into a lightly greased medium-sized glass pan.
- Step 2 In a clean bowl, repeat 1st steps. Bake cake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove cakes from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan. Remove to cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Step 3 Icing.
- Step 4 In a double boiler, combine cocoa, 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate bits and milk. Blend together until smooth. Slowly add 1/2 package of confectioners sugar. While chocolate mixture is still heated, blend in cream cheese.
- Step 5 Coat first cake layer with icing. Place second cake on top of first layer and coat icing. Chop candy bar and sprinkle on top of cake. Lightly sprinkle entire cake top with powdered sugar.