Dark Chocolate-Bourbon Pecan Pie
April 30, 2018
A phenomenal version of a classic Southern dessert.
- 1. 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2. 1/2 cup butter, brown and slightly cooled
- 3. 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4. 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 5. 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 6. 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 7. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8. 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 9. 4 -ounces chocolate chopped
- 10. 1 9-inch pie crust
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, beat eggs until slightly foamy, then stir in browned butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Whisk together until fully combined, then stir in flour, milk, bourbon, and vanilla. Add pecans and chocolate chunks and stir until fully combined. Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Step 3 Bake ten minutes then lower oven to 325 degrees and bake until the top no longer jiggles in the center, about 40-50 minutes more.
- Step 4 Let cool completely before slicing and serving