Fries Pickles and Peppers
June 4, 2018
A great appetizer for poker night or any game night celebration
- 1. 1 medium jar dill pickle chips, drained and dried
- 2. 1 small jar pickled jalapenos drained and dried
- 3. 1 small yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and julienned
- 4. 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and julienned
- 5. 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 6. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 7. 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8. 1 teaspoon salt
- 9. 1 large egg, beaten
- 10. 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 11. 1 cup canola oil
- Step 1 In a medium-size bowl combine cornmeal, flour, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Step 2 In another medium-size bowl, beat egg and add milk blending well.
- Step 3 In batches, soak pickles and peppers. Dredge in cornmeal mixture, Resoak and re-dredge pickles and peppers.
- Step 4 Heat oil until it is shimmering.
- Step 5 In batches, fry pickles and peppers until golden brown. Drain on paper towel