Hog Heaven Calzone
May 23, 2018
Italian night is every night. Suprise your family with these amazing Calzones.
- 1. 1/2 pound smoked ham, cubed
- 2. 1/2 pound thick sliced peppered bacon
- 3. 1/2 pound shredded pork
- 4. 1/2 pound ground sausage, drained well.
- 5. 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 6. 2 packages of 12-inch pizza dough
- 7. 1 large bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory Smoked Barbecue sauce.
- 8. 1 large jar of marinara sauce
- 9. 4 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10. 2 eggs, beaten well
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 Brown sausage. rinse, and drain well.
- Step 3 Cook bacon, until almost crispy and add cubed ham. drain well on a paper towel. Set all meat to the side
- Step 4 On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough to half its original size.
- Step 5 Cover dough with a thin layer of barbecue sauce, making sure to cover all of the dough. Place well-drained pork on half of the pizza dough, being sure to leave about 1/2 inch to the edge uncovered. Add an even amount of onions to each dough. Be sure Add 1 cup of cheddar to each calzone.
- Step 6 Fold dough over meat, it should be slightly bulging. With a fork, seal the edges of the calzone. With a small paring knife make 3 cuts to the top of the calzone. Brush each with the beaten eggs.
- Step 7 Cook for 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and crispy. Serve with warmed marinara sauce.