Key Lime Cupcakes
April 28, 2018
Individual Key Lime happiness waiting to be enjoyed. You will be transported to the southern tip of Florida with the first bite of these delicious morsels.
- 1. 1 cup butter. softened
- 2. 3 large eggs
- 3. 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4. 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5. 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6. 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 7. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8. 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 9. 1 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 10. 1 1/2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 11. 3/4 cups butter, softened
- 12. 4 teaspoons grated key lime peel
- 13. 1 1/2 teaspoon key lime juice
- 14. 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15. 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350. Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners
- Step 2 In a large bowl, cream butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Step 3 Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition., Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Step 4 Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake 15-20, minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Step 5 For Frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and lime peel until blended. Beat in lime juice and vanilla. Gradually beat confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Pipe or spread onto cupcakes. Refrigerate until serving.