New York Cheesecake
May 4, 2018
Everybody loves a good cheesecake. Guys fix this for your lady on date night and you will win her heart for ever. We like with Fresh Fruit on top!
- 1. 1 stick butter
- 2. 1 package of graham crackers (can use chocolate graham crackers)
- 3. 2 pounds of cream cheese
- 4. 3/4 cup sugar
- 5. 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6. 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7. 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8. 1 cup sour cream
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Step 2 Crust:
- Step 3 Melt butter. Crush 1 package of graham crackers and mix in butter. Press into spring pan.
- Step 4 Cake:
- Step 5 Mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, cornstarch, and sour cream until blended. Pour on top of the crust.
- Step 6 Bake 45 minutes. Place a pan of water in the oven to add humidity.
- Step 7 Turn off oven and leave the cake in oven for at least 4 hours.
- Step 8 Serve with fruit compote spread over each slice.