Panko Encrusted Tilapia with Butter and Garlic Roasted Tomatoes and Mushrooms
May 24, 2018
Light fish dinner that can be served over a nice linguini or with fresh green vegetables
- 1. 8-10 Tilapia fillets pre-soaked in water and lemon juice
- 2. 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 3. 3 cups of panko bread-crumbs
- 4. 1 cup of heirloom tomatoes
- 5. 1cup of sliced mushrooms
- 6. salt and pepper to taste
- 6. 3 tablespoons of butter melted
- 7. 1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 8. 1/4 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Step 1 Pre-heat oven to 350. In a large bowl soak fish in water and lemon juice for 30 minutes. Drain on paper towel, and pat dry.
- Step 2 Pour panko crumbs into a pie plate or shallow bowl. Coat fillets with mayonnaise and then dredge in breadcrumbs until well coated. Season with rosemary. Place on greased broiler pan and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until fish is flaky, salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 3 In a large skillet, melt butter. Saute garlic, tomatoes, and mushrooms until almost caramelized.
- Step 4 Plate fish and smother with tomato mixture.