Parsley and Basil Roasted Red Potatoes
May 2, 2018
I love these potatoes next to a good medium rare rib-eye. This is one of my wife's favorite dishes
- 1. 2-3 pounds small red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2. 2-3 teaspoons parsley
- 3. 2-3 teaspoons dried basil
- 4. olive oil
- 5. 1/4 cup red wine
- 6. sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Step 2 Place quartered potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Pour 1/8 cup of wine in the bowl. Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and toss to cover completely.
- Step 3 In a food processor, blend basil and parsley. Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Step 4 Place potatoes on a large non-stick baking sheet and drizzle with more oil. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with more wine. Bake the remaining 20 minutes or until potatoes have a crispy outer layer. Salt and pepper to taste.