Pecan French Toast
May 4, 2018
Wonderful breakfast dish.
- 1. 4 eggs
- 2. 2/3 cups orange juice
- 3. 1/3 cup milk
- 4. 1/4 cup sugar
- 5. 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 7. 1 8-ounce loaf french bread cut into 1-inch slices
- 8. 1/2 cup butter
- 9. 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Step 1 Combine eggs, orange juice, milk, sugar, nutmeg, and vanilla, mix with a wire whisk. Place bread in a single layer in a tight-fitting casserole dish. Pour mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours turning once.
- Step 2 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arranged soaked bread slices in single layer in an oblong casserole dish. Pour butter over top and sprinkke with pecans. Bake for 25 minutes .
- Step 3 Serve with maple syrup and butter.