Stuffed Pork Chops with Hot Apple Gravy
May 9, 2018
Delicious pork dish which will impress any dinner guest
- 1. 4 center cut pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 2. 1 bag dried stuffing mix
- 3. 1 box chicken broth
- 4. 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 5. 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 6. 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 7. salt and pepper to taste
- Hot apple gravy:
- 8. 1 can apple pie slices
- 9. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 10. 1/4 cup milk
- 11. 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12. 1/8 tablespoon brown sugar
- Step 1 In a large skillet place over high heat, sear both sides of each pork chop. remove and set aside to cool.
- Step 2 In a large mixing bowl, combine dry stuffing and spices. Mix chicken broth into stuffing until well moistened but stiff. Slice pork chops 2/3 of the way through. Spoon stuffing mix into each pork chop evenly. Place pork chop into deep casserole dish.
- Step 3 Pour apples, including juice in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat. bring to a low boil add cayenne pepper and milk. Stir in flour slowly until mixture beings to thicken. Add brown sugar and continue to cook until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer slowly stirring often. do not allow to thicken completely.
- Step 4 Cover pork chops with gravy and allow to bake in a 375-degree oven for about 40 minutes or until tender.