Sweet and Spicy Firecracker Shrimp
June 4, 2018
Appetizer for those that love a kick
- 1. 3 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2. 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3. 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4. 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5. 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 6. 1 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 7. 3 green onions
- 8. 8 romaine lettuce leafs
- 9. 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Step 1 In a large sealable bowl combine 1cup of cornstarch, cayenne pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Add half of the shrimp to the bowl and shake to coat shrimp. Repeat with the other half of shrimp.
- Step 2 In a large skillet fry shrimp until crispy. Drain on paper towel.
- Step 3 In a medium saucepan combine lemon juice and brown sugar and heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Slowly add 1/4 cup cornstarch (you may not need all of it) until mixture begins to thicken Coat shrimp with sugar mixture.
- Step 4 Serve on lettuce leafs.