Sweet Potato Crisp
April 28, 2018
Nice remodel of a Thanksgiving favorite. This dish is warm, sweet, and welcomed addition to any meal. Goes excellently with pork.
- 1. 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2. 2 package of cream cheese
- 3. 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 4. 3 medium apple, quartered
- 5. 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 6. 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 7. 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 8. 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 9. 4 1/2 tablespoons cold butter
- 10. 1 cup chopped pecans
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan, add water to cover. Bring to a Boil. Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain well
- Step 2 In a large bowl, beat potatoes, cream cheese, and cinnamon until smooth. Spread into a 11X7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a food processor, pulse apples and cranberries until chopped, spread over sweet potato mixture.
- Step 3 In a small bowl, mix flour, oats, and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over to. Bake, uncovered until topping is golden brown and apples are tender 35-40 minutes.