Uncle Harold’s Peach Ice Cream
July 17, 2018
Everyone loves Ice Cream and most southerners love peaches. This recipe was my Uncle Harolds and he made this ice cream for every summer get together we had. I miss him and his ice cream. So I hope each of you enjoy this Georgia favorite.
- 1. 2 large bags of ice
- 2. 1 box of rock salt.
- 3. 1/2 quart of heavy cream
- 4. 2 cups of sugar
- 5. 2 large fresh peaches, peeled and diced.
- 6. 1 can of peach nectar
- 7. 1 cup whole milk
- Step 1 Combine heavy cream, sugar, milk and peach nectar in the ice cream maker’s cylinder. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add diced fresh peaches.
- Step 2 Place cylinder in ice cream maker. Add ice around the cylinder. Make sure to add rock salt at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and the top of the ice. Turn on ice maker and allow to churn until ice cream solidifies.
- Step 3 A serving suggestion would be more fresh peaches and graham crackers.