June 4, 2018
A true southern side dish that goes with just about all entrees
- 1. 3 medium-sized yellow squash
- 2. 3 medium-sized zucchini squash
- 3. 1 medium yellow onion
- 4. 1 cup cornmeal
- 5. 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Step 1 Slice squash thinly. Finely chop onion.
- Step 2 Coat squash and onion with cornmeal, making sure to coat completely.
- Step 3 Heat oil in a large skillet until shimmering. Add squash and onion.
- Step 4 Cook about 20 minutes or until squash is tender and the coating is crispy.