May 25, 2018
This appetizer will make your guest feel like they are at a high-end steakhouse
- 1. 20 medium mushrooms
- 2. 1 package dry stuffing mix
- 3. 4 tablespoons butter
- 4. 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 5. 1/4 cup finely minced garlic
- 6. salt and pepper to taste.
- 7. 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375. Remove stems from mushrooms and clean cups completely.
- Step 2 Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet. Saute caps, on bottoms only, for 2-3 minutes until tender. Saute stems, onions, and garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter until almost caramelized.
- Step 3 Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and mix into chicken broth. Mix liquid with stuffing mix, stems, onions, garlic, and blend well.
- Step 4 Spoon stuffing into mushroom caps and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Step 5 Bake in preheated oven for 5-6 minutes or until stuffing is hot. Salt and pepper to taste.